Altadis U.S.A. is one of the largest cigar manufacturers in the world and has access to the finest tobacco leaves from growers worldwide. They operate production facilities in the Dominican Republic and Honduras, and have production affiliations in Mexico and Nicaragua. They are responsible for many of the world’s most renowned brands including Montecristo, Romeo y Julieta, H. Upmann, and Vega Fina. Altadis U.S.A. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Imperial Tobacco Group. Imperial Tobacco Group is a leading international tobacco company which manufactures, markets and sells a comprehensive range of cigarettes, tobaccos, rolling papers, filter tubes and cigars operating in over 160 countries world-wide.
Altadis has field representatives who deliver, procure and sell cigars to distributors and large retail stores. They were tracking sales activity through spreadsheets, and having difficulty tracking their opportunities, history and schedules, and sales leaders had low visibility into sales endeavors.
Altadis U.S.A. needed a centralized, single source solution for managing client relationship data to:
- Track call objectives
- Improve efficiency
- Implement streamlined workflows
- Integrate with Outlook and Tableau
- Create enhanced executive analytics and data management
- Track and handle events that occur on a quarterly basis
Using Visualforce, EnablePath created a customized turnkey solution allowing field representatives to quickly and consistently build routes within Salesforce, increasing visibility into customer touch points and providing insight into field rep activities, allowing sales leaders to measure objectives based on quality analytics and reporting.
EnablePath developed a custom methodology for enabling field reps to attach multiple activities to a calendar, accessible from the Salesforce1 mobile app and Salesforce.com.
- With a single click, reps can build a route into any city.
- With a single click, reps can open an old route, make changes to the order in which they want to visit those customers, and save a new route.
- Build a series of events with a single click.
- Increase visibility into all customer touch points.
- Track all objectives by field representative.
- Deliver activity reports that show activity over time.
- View dynamic analytics that allow sales leaders to quickly see what is happening.
- Seamlessly integrate with Tableau by clicking a web link and allowing a user to see all Tableau reporting.
EnablePath’s customized solution enabled Altadis U.S.A. to drastically speed up the ability to plan and track routes to any city. The sales team can now plan their whole month using the tool, and can repeat city tours into their common sales zones.
With increased visibility into customer touch points, and insight into field rep activities, sales leaders are able to measure objectives based on quality analytics and reporting.